Author: MLB Stat of the Day
- Nice use of images
- Good use of color to distinguish the types of hits
- Using a spray chart clearly shows how Ichiro could hit the ball to any part of the park
- Using a dot for each hit and a different color for each hit type shows all of his power was to rightfield
- A baseball field as a background helps add context (some problem though)
- Including the distance markers to aid in understanding
- How many yellow dots are behind those purple dots? We can’t tell because there’s no transparency.
- While using a baseball field as a background is cute, no two fields are the same. So, this image shows doubles beyond the field and home runs inside the park.
- The field is on a weird angle. It would be better if home plate was in the 6 o’clock position.
- His 3000th hit is really hard to find. If the author wants to highlight it, then they should make it more prominent.