|Click the image for the interactive version|
- Perfect use of color to represent the different political parties
- Consistent use of colors
- Option to choose different map types
- Beautiful hex map
- Great use of images for the candidates; the subtle color borders are a nice touch
- Nice stacked bar chart of the electorate by state
- Good idea to include the reference lines on the bar charts
- Good idea to make the bar charts diverging from the center
- Nice selector for the election year
- Nice labeling on the bar charts
- Including the detail description between the candidates really adds to the story
- Good placement of the color legend
- Including the check mark for the winner
- The shift from the previous election doesn’t work well for me. I think it’s a combination of using an arrow and the fading colors. A simple Gannt bar might work better.
- What does the line in the middle of the previous election section mean?
- Remove the line that cuts through all of the circles at the top
- Change the circle selectors at the top to a heatmap style (filled rectangles)
- It’s hard to tell what the map is colored by. Is it colored by the % of electoral votes or the % of the popular vote?