Click the image for the interactive version.
- I’m generally not a big fan of dark backgrounds, but it works well here because it makes the routes stand out.
- The line width makes the more frequent routes stand out.
- Good use of filters; they are out of the way as to not distract the reader
- Simple bar charts that do a great job of summarizing the complex map
- Using a two-colour divergent colour scale might make the route frequency even more evident, but that would be tough with the dark background (contradicting myself, I know)
- Change the gray fonts to white to make them easier to read