- Eye-catching design
- Appropriate use of color for each political party
- Design makes the purpose of the chart obvious
- Good idea to include the lines across to accentuate the gap
- Really like the use of the line width for the % of bills passed; clearly show how the parties don’t work together
- Coloring the lines by the Senate majority strength shows the shift between parties in power nicely
- Nice organization from oldest to most recent
- Coloring the Presidents by their party is a nice touch and aids in understanding
- Even though the lines are vertical, you can still see how much more conservative the Republican party has become
- Center line provides balance
- Excellent title that drives the point home
- Good idea to include the Info button for more detail
- Works well as a static viz and an interactive viz
- Great tooltips
- The scatter plot doesn’t add much value and feels like it was added because there was space on the side.
- If the scatter plot is removed, then the callouts for the meaning of the lines could be moved into that space so that the reader understands what they mean sooner.